Earlier in order to obtain Import Export Code (IEC), Digital Signature Certificate was mandatory for submitting e-IEC application, Since there were many difficulties in order to submit application through Digital Signature Certificate, DGFT (Director General of Foreign Trade) vide public notice no 27 dated 08th August 2018 has removed Digital Signature Certificate for submitting the applications with a view to automate the process of issue of Import Export Code since Automatic PAN verification has been enforced in the Import Export Code system thereby the process has been simplified in order to promote the “Ease of Doing Business” & to obtain the Import Export Code in a hassle freeway.
The below are the brief details of Amendments in Procedure for online Import Export Code application w.e.f 09th August 2018
- Attachment of PAN card copy (which was earlier mandatory) is not required.
- Digital Signature (DSC) for submitting online applications for fresh Import Export Code or amendments in Import Export Code will not be required.
- Import Export Code will be auto generated on successful submission of application with requisite fees and documents and intimation regarding allotment of Import Export Code will be sent through SMS and E-mail to the applicant.
- Online Import Export Code application requires uploading of only 2 documents in GIF , JPEG .
- Address proof of the applicant entity**
- Cancelled Cheque bearing entity’s pre-printed name or bank certificate in the prescribed format (ANF-2A(i))
**following documents are accepted as Address proof
- a) sale deed in case business premise is self-owned or
- b) Rental /lease agreement in case premise is rented/leased or
- c) Latest electricity /landline/ mobile telephone bill in the name of applicant entry
Note: In case of Electricity/ telephone bill where the applicant name is not available then NOC from the owner is required.