Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), a Government of India enterprise, was founded in 1974. The company, which has been conferred the prestigious Navratna status, is also listed among Fortune 500 and Forbes 2000 companies.
HPCL had an annual turnover of Rs 190,048 crore (US$ 32.38 billion) and sales/income from operations of Rs 215,675 crore (US$ 36.74 billion) during FY 13. The company’s crude throughput and market sales (including exports) were 15.78 Million Metric Tonnes (MMT) and 30.32 MMT, respectively, during the same fiscal.
HPCL has about 20 per cent marketing share in India among Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) and a strong market infrastructure. It operates two major refineries producing a wide variety of petroleum fuels and specialties, one in Mumbai (West Coast) of 6.5 Million Metric Tonnes Per Annum (MMTPA) capacity and the other in Visakhapatnam, (East Coast) with a capacity of 8.3 MMTPA.
The enterprise has a vast marketing network consisting of 13 zonal offices in major cities and 101 regional offices facilitated by a supply and distribution infrastructure comprising terminals, pipeline networks, inland relay depots and retail outlets, aviation service stations, LPG bottling plants, lube and LPG distributorships.
Benefits of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) online tendering:
- Reduced expenses – Since the vendors send electronic documents via the internet, there is no need to print and post the tender documents.
- Efficient process – Tenders can be created, exchanged and stored electronically in an efficient manner on the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited e-procurement portal.
- Speed – As the processes are carried out online, the tendering period is shorter. Online tenders eliminate postage delays. The HPCL officials can evaluate the tenders faster. Instant delivery of the tender-related documents eliminates worries about the delivery of documents within the deadline.
Pre-requisites for Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited e-procurement:
- Vendor should register on the HPCL portal for online tenders and obtain a valid user id and password.
- Tenderers should buy a digital signature certificate which is legally valid in India. Licensed certifying authorities operating under the Root Certifying Authority of India (RCAI), Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA) of India can sell digital certificates to vendors who want to bid for e-tendering and e-procurement. For HPCL e-procurement the vendor should buy class 3 digital signature certificate.
- Vendors should have an internet connection. If the users experience slow connectivity to the HPCL portal, they should contact their system administrator/ISP provider for desirable speeds.
- The browser used to access the HPCL e-procurement portal has to be Internet Explorer version 6.0 and above
- The vendors should use a computer which has operating system Microsoft Windows 98 or above.
- The bidders should read specific tender documents for any other pre-requisites and fulfill all those to participate.
Two options are available for vendors to register on the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited e-procurement portal:
- Basic process to register temporarily for participation in public HPCL online tenders and
- Process for one-time permanent registration
At Digital Signature Mart, we provide Class 2 Digital Signature Certificates and Class 3 digital signature certificates which are valid for one year, two years and three years, depending upon your requirement. Using our user-friendly online portal you can even either a signing digital signature certificate or a signing and encryption digital signature certificate. Buy and apply for a digital signature certificate at Digital Signature Mart.