Tender Wizard is an exclusive, most vibrant end to end solution for buying / selling of products and services through tendering process. It supports A – Z activities of tendering based on proactive work flow concept. Fine details of tendering like vendor registration, tender announcement and corrigendum, tender form processing, opening, negotiation and tender awarding are supported in a real time interactive environment. Tender Wizard creates a true dynamic market place for both buyers and vendors to interact with each other and transact business.
Instructions for the Department of Atomic Energy e-tendering system:
- A supplier who wishes to take part in the e-tendering system, needs to register on the e-tender portal. A supplier bids for the tenders. While registering on the portal, the bidder could choose one or more units, depending on the products or the service he/ she supplies. The system will generate a secure company ID, when the enrollment particulars are saved.
- Digital signature certificate is mandatory for the Government of India DAE e-procurement system. However, DAE or its departments do not issue Digital Signature Certificate to bidders. As per the Indian IT Act, 2000, digital signature certificates can be issued by any authorised certifying agency (CA), recognised by the Government of India. Digital signature certificates are available in the following categories with a validity of one year, two years and three years.
Classes of Digital Signature Certificates
- Class 2
This is most popular class of certificates, and most applications would recognize this class of certificates.
- Class 3
This level of assurance is required generally by Tender portals and some highly sensitive websites.
If you opt for class 3 certificate, all applications which are created for Class 2, should be able to recognize your certificates.
The IT law allows us three Classes of Digital Signature Certificates, however we only sell Class 2 and Class 3 certificates. We are not selling Class 1 Certificates.
The difference between Class 2 and Class 3 is verification guidelines.
- Class 2
- The Department of Atomic Energy e-tendering portal works with Class 2 Digital Signature Certificates and Class 3 digital signature certificates. The certificates usually come in e-tokens which is similar to pen drives. There is also a driver CD. The DSC will be recognised only once the driver is installed.
- It is mandatory to use the same digital certificate that was utilised in the ‘Submit Bid Hash’ stage in the re-encryption of bids as well. Please note that the Digital Signature Certificate should be valid up to the completion of the e-tender. It is advisable to save copies of the Digital Signature Certificate, as it may be lost under circumstances such as a virus attack, system failure, etc. It would be difficult to complete the e-tendering process in case the digital signature certificate is lost.
- As a part of the Department of Atomic Energy e-tendering process, the bidders will have to submit their public keys for the signing digital signature certificate. After this step, the bidder will also have to submit his/ her public key for signing and encryption type of digital signature certificate. Follow the instructions here to complete the process http://etenders.dae.gov.in/tnduploads/HelpManual/DSC_Public_Key_Sending_Steps_ver1.1.pdf
- According to the circular issued by the Office of the Controller of Certifying Authorities, the certifying authorities (CA) have been asked by the Office of the Controller of Certifying Authorities to issue only 2048 bit RSA key digital signature certificates with SHA-256 hash algorithm, with effect from January 01, 2012.
- The bidders should remember that other digital signature certificates which have been issued until December 31, 2011, shall continue to be operational on the DAE Electronic Tender Management System until the expiry of these digital certificates.
- The suppliers applying for 2048 bit RSA key DSC with SHA-256 hash algorithm need the following requirements in their computers:
- Browser specifications for e-tendering: Internet Explorer 7 and above
- Minimum operating system specification: Windows XP with service pack 3 or Windows 7
At Digital Signature Mart, we provide Class 2 Digital Signature Certificates and Class 3 digital signature certificates which are valid for one year, two years and three years, depending upon your requirement. Using our user-friendly online portal you can even either a signing digital signature certificate or a signing and encryption digital signature certificate. Apply digital signature certificate online at Digital Signature Mart.